Saturday, January 31, 2015

Remicade Reaction Gallbladder Removed

Wow! Time for a post. So the Prometheus test showed I definitely had a reaction to Remicade. I had built up autoantibodies. This is what caused so many of my symptoms. Especially the rash and the migrating joint pain and swelling.

The doctor still wanted my gallbladder removed because of the low ejection fraction and the possibility of  causing future problems. The surgeon removed it 3 days ago and performed another liver biopsy and a hernia repair. I am doing very well. Everything went smoothly and I'm healing up nicely.

I don't have any joint pain at this point so I hope my system has fought off the remicade and I am on the mend. I feel pretty good and I hope to heal up from this surgery quickly and start getting strong again. Maybe the gallbladder has been a little toxic to my system because I sure feel a lot better overall. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!