Friday, April 24, 2015

Recovering from Remicade Reactions

Hi all!  I know it's been quite a while since I've posted anything.  It's been a long slow recovery from all the Remicade reactions.  The docs may not agree but I believe ALL the problems I've had since September can be attributed to Remicade and auto-antibodies my system built up to it.  In short.. I was on Remicade for one year and developed auto-antibodies which means my body was fighting it.  I've had lethargy and weakness, elevated liver enzymes, autoimmune hepatitis, inflamed gallbladder, abdominal skin rashes, red eyes, and swollen painful joints to the point of barely being able to walk or turn on a light switch.
Swollen Ankle Joint No Injury
Strange Lumps moving up from Swollen Ankle
One Red Eye
Interior view of Gall Bladder
Gallbladder Removal Surgery Incisions Healing

Since stopping the Remicade I've had my gallbladder removed and am being treated with Azathioprine for the hepatitis.  As of this past week my blood tests reveal that my liver enzymes are normal.  Stool studies reveal I am not having inflammation.

Physically I'm now normal with the exception of lethargy.  My hair is falling out at an alarming rate which is probably due to the Azathioprine.  I'll be adding some folic acid to my vitamin regimen to hopefully slow down the hair loss.  Already taking Biotin.  I'm still not wanting to do much, but I'm trying every day and sometimes I manage to get rolling!

Yep Waiting in a Doctor's Office
That's about it for now.  Things are looking better every day.  Thanks for listening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!