Thursday, January 15, 2015

Is This a delayed Remicade Reaction?

Hi again!   I am slowly feeling better.  We finally have some sunshine today and crisp, clear blue sky. Makes a body feel good.

Recap:
Lately Diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis, gastritis, and an inflamed gallbladder.  Gallbladder removal surgery is tentatively scheduled for January 28.  Still waiting for results of the test for antibodies to Remicade.  Did not have latest Remicade infusion this week per doctor's orders.

My symptoms have really gotten much better:

 •Constant upper abdominal pain is gone
 •Headaches are gone
 •Stiff muscles much better
 •Pain left back under shoulder blade difficult to take deep breath - gone
 •Puffy eyes better
 •Very bloodshot left outer eye - gone
 •Swollen bruised left ankle no injury - all better
 •Painful neck gone


 •Weakness Lethargy
 •Joint pain - much better latest just in hands and hips
 •Jaw pain
 •Stiff back muscle middle back right of spine (that's been there since before this started)
 •Abdominal rash (large red itchy bumps that come and go)
 •Different itchy areas on torso only now
 •Very weak and tired and seem to require a lot of sleep
 •When I wake up in the morning I'm all sweaty

Treatment of symptoms now:
 •Bland diet

Honestly I feel like my body has been fighting something since September. Perhaps it's all been a reaction to the Remicade. Hopefully I will find out soon.  I'm still not sure about having my gallbladder removed. I will have to talk more to my doctor about it after I find out the results of the Prometheus test.  I want to be able to eat regular food again so if it means my gallbladder has to be removed in order to do so then I will follow through with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!