Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Trip with Crohn's

We returned from a trip to Galveston on Friday.  It was a great trip, the weather was nice and my Crohn's behaved well.. which is a good thing because the exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work!!


Mom and Me on the Beach
The kids had a good time too.  They spent all day outside at the pool or on the beach.  The condo was not the greatest as far as cleanliness but we disinfected everything so we survived!  I don't know if I'm a germaphobe or what, but I'm always scared I'll get a stomach bug when I travel.  After all.. that's what started the last 6 years of flaring.  So I'm always careful.

Daughter and Her Friend Having a Blast at Galveston
This week I've returned to my exercise routine.  I work out at noon almost every weekday with aerobics and strength training.  I've been pretty bad about it over the winter months but I'm forcing myself to get back into it.  I had such low energy and such a hard time staying warm, the last few months, that I sort of dropped out for a while.  I'm so glad I've gone back to because the women I work out with are so amazing and nice and supportive. 
 
My next infusion is on Monday so I hope it doesn't drag me down.  The Remicade infusions lower my energy for a while and give me headaches.  Maybe my body will adjust to them over time.  Does anyone else experience this with Remicade?  Also looking forward to the iron infusion the same day.
 
So Spring break is over and it's back to the old routines.  At least the weather is warming up a bit and hopefully I'll have the energy to work in my gardens soon.  It's been so neglected the last few years that I have a lot of work to do out there.  We have water restrictions here so a lot of plants have died.  My backyard is beginning to look like a desert wasteland.  Gotta fix that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!