Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fourth Remicade Infusion with Iron Infusion Yesterday

Well I finally got my fourth Remicade Infusion yesterday. Tried to take a few pictures so I can share the experience with everyone.  Everything went great and I had a nice nap during the infusion.  Drove myself there and back home with no problems.

Just before my Nap at the Infusion Center
 
Feeling great today.  They said the iron infusion will take a couple weeks to start feeling any better.  That's okay, I'm a patient girl.  I'm heading to work out in an hour.  Whoop!

Preparations for Poking Me
My nurse Rebecca is awesome.  She gets that IV going with no problems and she's really sweet.  She brings me pillows and blankets and makes sure I'm doing okay and I'm as comfortable as possible.  I told her they need to get better recliners because the one I always get reclines into this really weird position with my feet up high in the air and the back doesn't go down.  She brought me a Remicade embossed neck pillow that helped immensely.

Initial Poke

I also suggested they offer mani's and pedi's during infusions but I don't think that's going to happen.  LOL!

All Hooked Up and Taped Down
My blood pressure was good from beginning to end. Usually it's a little high when we first start but it was good yesterday. I guess I'm not very nervous about it anymore.

La Machine

Darn it Rebecca woke me up for the iron infusion.  Didn't feel a thing.  Hard to imagine all that iron going into my system at one time and I don't feel anything different.  Apparently it takes a while to work.  Plus I have another infusion of iron with the next Remicade infusion.  Guess they can't give it to you all at once.  The used Injectafer 750 mg of iron and I'll get the next 750 mg dosage at the next infusion.


Injectafer
Woo Hoo!!  Iron Going in Now!
 
So after the iron infusion they made me hang around for a little bit to make sure there were no adverse reactions.  I was really ready to go!


Sleepy Girl wants to Go Home Now
 
Other than sleepiness I have nothing to complain about.  (How unusual for me!)  I got home safely and took care of a few things like taking my daughter out shopping for shoes since she lost one of her Vans. She was wearing her winter boots to school and it's hot outside. Then I got into my cool fluffy bed and had another nap.


Rockin Out of the Parking Garage Yay!
I had a terrible time getting to sleep last night.  I think I was up till around 2:00am and then slept very lightly after that.  No wonder with all the napping I did yesterday.  I'm feeling normal today which is a great thing.  I actually feel better than I did before I went in yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!