Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Keep on Living with Crohns!

Well I've finally returned.  There is a huge water leak under our house and this is our fourth day without water.  You never realize how much you need it until it's gone.  Excavaters are digging a 19 foot tunnel under our foundation to get to the leak.  This is how much they dug out yesterday.



Backyard looks like a Rock Quarry
Should be another full day of digging before they reach the leak and then hopefully we'll have some water!
 
So as far as my Crohns.. The doc reduced my Entocort to 6mg per day and I saw an immediate decrease in my QOL.  So I'm not sure if the remicade is doing much.  The plan is to reduce to 3mg per day for a month before my next infusion.  Not sure how that's going to work out. 
 
Apparently I have Anemia from chronic Crohn's disease as well and they plan to give me Iron Infusion Therapy at the same time.  Seems like a long time to wait for the iron.  I'm thinking I need to send my doc an email and let her know what the infusion department is up to and what my status is. 
 
Seems rediculous but you really have to stay on top of your own health care!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!